Friday 4 April 2014

Review: The House Bunny (2008)

My friends like to rant at me about films I haven't seen before. There are an awful lot of films I haven't seen, but in my defence, I only really got into films about 4 years ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I get gasps of horror when people find out that I've never watched The Godfather, or The Green Mile (which I have now seen, thank you), but I also earnt a gasp of horror from a couple of girl friends when they starting quoting this film and I had no idea what they were on about.

 
 
Last Saturday afternoon I cuddled up on the sofa with my kittens Loki and Sherlock, and we watched this together. My other half snorted and went to play a game, I think.
 
I want to start by saying that I really did enjoy this film. It's so funny! A little while in, I remembered why this film sounded so familiar to me. You see, every now and again I get a little obsessive over an actor or actress, and I make it my duty to work my way through their IMDB list. I think this all started with Jake Gyllenhaal when I was 14, and 10 years later I'm onto Benedict Cumberbatch. Anyway, back on track! I absolutely love Emma Stone, and so that's why this film was on my radar!
 
The film follows Shelley Darlingson, a playboy bunny who gets kicked out of the mansion, and has to find somewhere else to live. She comes across a sorority, led by Emma Stone's character, and becomes their house mother as she helps them to become popular and save their home.
 

Oh, this film really made me laugh! It isn't the greatest film I've ever seen but I've definitely seen worse. It's also a perfect chick flick so gets a big thumbs up here! Anna Faris is exactly what you would expect, but Emma Stone was amazing! She plays a massive geek quite scarily well and I love her even more after watching this. I have to share this moment with you below...



I was going to post this scene as well - this is by far my favourite moment in the whole film and I still quote it now!

I watched this film with a group of girl friends drinking wine and eating pizza and it is the perfect film for that.  We howled with laughter and compared ourselves to various characters throughout the film!  Adam Sandler's influence on this film is evident and as a big fan of (most) of his work (particularly the silly stuff, Billy Madison being my favourite!) the laughs were exactly to my taste.  I love Anna Faris and as I have recently taken to watching the American series Mom, I love her a little bit more! 

All in all, not a film everyone should rush out to see, but a perfect film to put on for a night in with the girls! Agreed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment