Saturday 3 May 2014

Best and Worst: Ryan Reynolds

Like you would admit to the worst haha!!

Excuse me, I haven't even started this post yet! This is what I would consider to be the worst anyway, you don't get a say Missy!

I'd really like to do a series of these posts, I have a terrible habit of finding a new Actor or Actress and then working my way through their entire filmography. Who best to start with other than Ryan Reynolds? I can hand on my heart say that I have seen every film he's been in, and I don't know if I should be proud of that or not.

This is genuinely really hard for me to do, because there hasn't been a single film of his that I haven't liked, and a ton that I have really liked, but I'm going to give it a go!

BEST - The Proposal (2009)

I know, I know, it's a RomCom. But I'm a Flick Chick! It was either going to be this or Just Friends which I love just as much.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this film now, because I've lost count. It's the kind of film I like to put on in the background on a Saturday whilst I'm doing something else, and I could probably quote the whole film if you gave me a chance.

Ryan is typical Ryan in this, and that's why I love it so much. His sarcastic remarks just kill me and I often find myself saying to people I'm waiting for that I'm now 100 years old. Apart from Jenna. She's just Captain Slow.  Thanks, I have short legs, it's not my fault!!! haha! I will fully agree that this is his best movie, it's hilarious and just that tiny bit different to other rom-coms in that you don't really like the leading lady character until waaaaaaay down the line.

My favourite scene from this film made it into my Top 10 Film Quotes so I won't share it with you again, but instead I'll give you this: 



Extra points to Sandra Bullock too because she's just amazing too! I'm sure there's a part 2 to that video somewhere...

WORST - The In-Laws (2003)

Just getting that out there before Jenna goes crazy typing 'Green Lantern' all over this post! You'll be pleasantly surprised, I'm not even mentioning the Green Lantern!! It wasn't a bad movie! Now that I've read a ton of the comics I can agree that they really could have done a lot more with that massive budget, but that film not only got me interested in Ryan Reynolds but DC Comics itself so it can't be all bad!
No, I chose The In-Laws. I nearly went with Finder's Fee but I really liked the plot of that, but I had to actually remind myself that this film existed. The film itself wasn't too bad, I don't want to be harsh, but I still can't understand what it's meant to be! Is it a RomCom? Or an Action Thriller? It tried to be both, and kind of failed at both. 

I haven't seen this movie so I can't comment on whether it is actually the worst, but MY worst Ryan Reynolds movie has to be The Nines.  I cannot explain how awful this film is, you have to watch it yourselves to truly believe it.  It is the most random, non-logical film I have ever seen!  I expected the ending to answer all the questions and it just posed more and made you even more confused - it's the Lost of films!!

Here's a trailer if you've never heard of it before:




So there we have it! That wasn't too hard! I'd like to put out an honourable mention to some of his other roles though.


What would your Best and Worst be?

No comments:

Post a Comment