Tuesday 17 June 2014

Currently Watching...Game of Thrones (Allie)

As a Brit, I'm currently trying to stay away from any and all forms of social media so that I don't see any Game of Thrones spoilers. Of course, by the time you read this, I'll have seen it, but I need to keep myself occupied! I've already read the books too but the producers have been getting a tad creative recently so I couldn't even guess at what will happen tonight (Last night, for you readers).

I'll keep this spoiler free for the Season 4 finale, but please be warned that I'll mention other previous events.

 
I really try not to be one of those fans who criticises everything that isn't 100% true to the books, but a little whinge is definitely needed. Seasons 1 and 2 followed the books perfectly, and I was really impressed. Season 3 continued to do the same, right up until the finale. What even was that finale? A whole heap of nothing! The Purple Wedding should have been the Season3 finale in my opinion.

For a few months I sulked for a while, and then figured, well if it wasn't the finale, they'll do it as the Season 4 opening! Nope. That was an episode full of nothing too. Err, great, thanks.

However! Every episode since has been really good. A few little irritating moments, but a massive improvement on Season 3 for sure. Now, please correct me if I'm just making things up here, it's been 4 years since I finished reading the books and I can't remember everything. But was there really ever a romance line with Grey Worm and Missandei?

 
There are plenty of love interests in the books, there's no need to create new ones. I thought the whole point the Unsullied were so feared was that they had no feelings at all?

Anyway, there's a major character death coming up soon, and I'm hoping it happens tonight. I'm signing out now but I'll update you all tonight...

Oh wow, okay! Can I just take all of my whinges back? Episode 10, you totally made up for it all with last night's episode! It literally had everything that I was hoping for, and more!

Tyrion, you badass! Jon Snow, you tell 'em! I wanted to cry for Daenerys and the Hound though...Bran's scene was a little 'wtf' but I don't even remember his chapters in the book, to be honest his character just bores me a little.

Last night ended with a bang, and it's the perfect set-up for next year. Now I have a huge Game of Thrones shaped hole in my heart, and I need a new TV Show to fill my Monday nights with!

No comments:

Post a Comment